Monday, August 9, 2010

It's been a long time since my last update - I've been incredibly busy this summer. Since I last blogged, Prop 8 in California has been overturned, making gay marriage once again legal in California, as it should be everywhere.

I've made the choice to move to Edmonton in order to go to university. I'm really sad about leaving Williams Lake and the GSA behind, but I think this will benefit more in the long run. I'm planning on doing first a journalism diploma at Grant MacEwan University, and then a Bachelor of Applied Communications in Professional Writing. I'm going to continue LGBT rights activism in any way that I can - I'll probably get involved with the Edmonton Pride Centre.

I'm hoping that the GSA here will continue running. We've done up the calendars for the new school year, so there is an outline for the new leaders to take over. It's been a good run and we accomplished more than I ever dreamed possible in the short semester of our existence - only the sky is the limit now.

Good luck & I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment